We are in search of a software engineer to work in a constantly evolving environment. The ideal candidate must have significant experience in developing scalable data with hands-on platform builder. We are looking for someone who is able to provide real solutions through the analysis of needs, designing, developing and testing the software inorder to meet needs.This person should be passionate about test-driven development and continuous improvement. They must also be willing to work independently in an agile environment.
Job Responsibilities for Software Engineer
As a software engineer, following would be your duties and responsibilities-
- Acquainted with software development cycle from analysis to deployment
- Comply with coding standards and technical standards
- Accommodate systematic coding styles for easy review and maintaining of code
- Addressing case through creative solutions and clear documentation of functionality
- Investigating user feedback to make system more stable and easy
- Incorporate developed functionality into a fully functional system
- Liaising with designers, analysts and other peer developers to implement technical designs
- Improving the current live system by active participation in troubleshooting and debugging
- Consulting clients and colleagues with a view to write or modify the current operating systems
- Providing technical training material to onboard new engineers as team members
Software Engineer Salaries
- A person working as a Software Engineer earns USD 7,362 per month.
- The exact salary is however dependent on the company, location and nature of your employer’s business .
Software Engineer Job Qualifications
The basic qualifications required to be considered for the position of a software engineer include:
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience in the industry or both
- 2+ years of work experience as Software Engineer or in a relevant role or a background in Engineering
Software Engineer Skills Required
Software Engineers need to possess a variety of skills in order to be successful in the work environment – they include both job related technical skills as well as interpersonal traits.
- Skilled in Java, C++, Ruby on Rails or other programming languages
- Proficient with SQL or NoSQL database
- Competent in data structure and algorithms
- Experience in designing and developing interactive applications as well as open-source projects
- Proficient with developing web apps in popular web frames such as ASP .Net, JQuery, JavaServer Faces (JSF) & Spring MVC etc.
- Meticulous and organised approach to work
- Logical and analytical approach to complex issues
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- An awareness of current trends and issues to understand how its affecting the industry and its technologies
- A strong desire to achieve more, a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn new skills and improve old ones
- Prior practice in AWS, Azure, Google or Openstack will be an additional advantage
What to expect as a Software Engineer
As technology becomes more complex, we are starting to rely more on mobile technology thus increasing the opportunities for software engineers.
- This job requires a high concentration span as one needs to spend many hours at the keyboard
- The work is mainly based in the office or laboratories, although full or part time remote working may be implemented depending on the circumstances
- Depending on the nature of the business, one may be required to travel within one working day or take absence from home at night.
- With the continuous growth in the tech industry, one needs to constantly update themselves with the new programming languages and relevant changes in technology to remain in the industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment for projects