Why is Work Permit Needed?
A work permit is a crucial document for foreigners who wish to work abroad. A work visa Australia validates your right to work in this beautiful country. There is a set Australia work visa process to follow depending on the nature of work– skilled worker, specialized worker, short-term trainees, investors to experienced businessmen
About the Australia Job Market
It always helps to have extra details about a country’s job market, when applying for opportunities there. Check some details for the Australia work permit.
Types of Australia Work Permit Available
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
Employers can nominate a suitable skilled worker relevant to specific occupation to temporarily live, study and work in Australia.
Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) Visa
Short-term visa that lets you do highly specialized work in Australia. If you are someone who possesses a special set of skills and knowledge or experience that is not readily available in the country, you apply for this visa to work in Australia.
Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa
A temporary visa issued for specific work that improves Australia’s international relations. This visa requires a bilateral agreement between the Australian government and that of another country.
Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa
An employer nominates a skilled worker allowing him to live and work in Australia. Within ENS, there are sub-streams like Direct Entry, Labour Agreement, Temporary Residence Transition and the eligibility for them differs. ENS visa is a permanent Australia work permit.
Distinguished Talent Visa
People with an internationally recognized record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in an eligible field can get this permanent visa of Australia.
Skilled Regional Visa
A permanent visa offered to skilled workers who want to work in a specific region of Australia. This requires a previously eligible visa.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa
For skilled people nominated by a state or territory government to work in regional Australia.
Temporary Graduate Visa
This visa allows international students to live, study and work after they have finished their course. The student must have skills and qualifications relevant to specific Australian occupations.
Working Visa Australia for Business OwnersIf you are a business owner who wants to expand or set up your new business in Australia, know how to obtain a work visa for Australia:
Business Innovation and Investment Visa
A permanent visa for entrepreneurs, investors and business owners to continue their activity in Australia.
Business Talent Visa
This working visa Australia allows you to establish a new business in Australia. Existing business owners operate with this visa.
This permanent visa is specifically for people who undertake business and investment activities in Australia.
Requirements for an Australia Work Permit
- Age below 45
- Meet health requirements
- Meet character requirements
- Sufficient English language ability and fluency
- Relevant skills and 3 years of work experience
- Sign Australian values statement
- Read or have been explained the Life in Australia booklet
- Preferably no earlier visa cancellations
- Valid Passport
- Australian Visa Application form
- Identity photo
- National Identity Card
- Education Certificates
- Evidence of Financial Statements
- Proof of Good Character/Police Certificate
- Company’s Appointment Letter
- Sponsorship Letter (in case of Sponsored Work)
- Visa Payment Receipt
- Employer Letter
- Invitation Letter
Australia Work Permit Application Process
- Go to the official website of Australian Govt Department of Home Affairs (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/)
- Select the type of visa you are applying for and fill the form
- For Skilled Visas, check whether your occupation is on the skilled occupation list
- For Sponsored visas, get a nomination from an approved work sponsor and then proceed for skills assessment
- Submit an Expression of Intent (EOI) through SkillSelect
- Wait for an invitation to apply for this visa
- Gather your documents
- Apply for visa within 60 days of receiving the invitation
- Apply online for the visa application
Timeframe for Australia Work Permit Application
- For a Skilled work visa, it can take about 12 to 18 months.
- The duration is longer for business owner visas. It can go beyond 24 months.
- Temporary work visas have a shorter time frame, sometimes less than a month to up to 3 months.